2021 Women In Criminal Justice Summit Series
WCJSS – CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS – Deadline: March 5, 2021
The Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board Executive Institute is pleased to
announce its Call for
Presentations for the 2021 Women in Criminal Justice Summit Series, a virtual event to be held May
17-20, 2021. You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for a breakout session that
addresses issues identified in the section entitled Summit Tracks.
▪ Collaborate with professionals in criminal justice
▪ Contribute to the advancement of women in criminal justice
▪ Boost your professional profile
▪ Presenters receive free registration
The Women in Criminal Justice Summit Series is designed to bring women criminal justice executives,
managers, and supervisors together to examine
challenging critical issues. We are looking for presenters who can speak and engage participants in
the following themes:
▪ Investigative strategies and case studies
▪ Tactical response and tactics
▪ Command and leadership
▪ Financial survivability and planning
Presentation selection is based on the following criteria:
▪ Topical relevance to the identified theme and topics, and the
ILETSBEI mission and values
▪ Clear statement of relevance to the common challenges to women in criminal
▪ Description of how attendees may benefit from your presentation
▪ Original work of the presenter
▪ Speaker’s topic expertise and knowledge
▪ Speaker’s presentation experience and skill level
Summit Schedule – Subject to Change
Each day will have two AM and PM sessions participants can opt to attend. Each session is
approximately 55 minutes long and will be delivered via the ZOOM platform. It is recommended that
presentations last approximately 45-50 minutes with 5-10 minutes for questions from the audience.
Presenters will be assigned a date/time, but if certain
blocks of time/certain date works, please advise in your submission.
Note: Presentations can cover two 55 minute blocks of time, if applicable.
Presentation Proposal Submission
All Presentation Proposals must be emailed to Heather Hotz at Hf-Hotz@wiu.edu. A confirmation of
receipt will be sent via email within three business days, Monday – Friday. Presenters may submit
more than one proposal.
We seek presentations that:
▪ Enhance knowledge
▪ Develop leadership skills
▪ Encourage audience participation
▪ Demonstrate evidence-based practices
▪ Add to the conversation about relevant challenges
Submit the following information in your Presentation Proposal (all required elements):
▪ Title of Presentation
▪ Speaker/Presenter Information
* Speaker Information: Name, Agency/Organization, Title, Brief Bio, and Email
▪ Presentation Abstract (approximately 60 words, for publication in summit
▪ Presentation description of no more than 200 words
▪ Summit track (See page one), if applicable
After careful evaluation, proposals will be selected and scheduled for presentation based on
applicability of the topic. Selection of presenters will be announced via e-mail on or before March
12, 2021. Selected presenters must confirm their commitment to present by March 17, 2021.
Contact Hf-Hotz@wiu.edu or call 309-298-2646.